1. Get 30 minutes exercise. It doesn’t matter what it is, run, walk, trampoline, cage fighting, just do your heart and lungs a favour and move a bit.
2. Eat vegetables for lunch and dinner. Seriously stop acting like an 8 year old and just do it. Opt for a salad or soup for lunch instead of the sandwich, eat a lot of colourful veg for the dinner and less spuds, pasta or rice. Bonus points for breakfast veggies.
3. Go to bed half an hour earlier than usual. I’m sure whatever is on tv isn’t that good anyway. You can record it if you really want.
4. Eat a hand sized portion of protein at each meal. Men can have two. 3 eggs, meat, fish, 3 tbsp of Greek yogurt, scoop of protein powder, cup of beans/nuts will all do the job as a portion.
5. Drink lots of water. Hardly groundbreaking stuff and I’ll not sell a book on the back of that recommendation but just do it anyway.
6. Call your parents (if you are lucky enough to still have them) and ask them about their day.
7. Get outside for 30 minutes. I’m not talking about doing yoga along the babbling stream or anything, just get out, get some fresh air and plug yourself out for a while.
8. Give three people genuine compliments. ‘That frock you are wearing is lovely’ ‘you’re hair is looking so clean this week’ are not good examples. Please think of better ones.
9. Laugh at something. Share a joke or have the craic with your buddies. Alternatively watch this. https://youtu.be/1B4PkbqLlPs
10. Do one thing that has been on your mind for ages. Something that you have been meaning to do for a long time. It will be a great weight off your shoulders even if it’s just a small thing. I certainly have a long list that I can immediately tackle.
11. Give yourself a challenge to target. Aim to do 10 full press ups by January. Do a 5k race by the end of the year. Run a marathon in 2016. Climb Kilimamjaro during lunch. Whatever, it doesn’t matter. Nothing focuses the mind like a challenge with a deadline.
12. Eat a few pieces of fruit. Go mad and try something different like a kiwi, a melon or a peach.